Tuesday, October 15, 2013

A word from our Advisors and Connectors about...

A word from our Advisors and Connectors about...

Today, October 11th, is International Day of the Girl. Girl Up , an United Nations Foundation initiative aiming to unite girls to change the world has been promoting #11DaysofAction . We wanted to share some of our thoughts! Our Advisor, Esther Agbarakwe , shared some of her thoughts regarding girls' education: Girl Child Education: Why We MUST keep our girls in school As I picked up the phone to call my mother as she marks her birthday today, October 10th, I felt proud of her and her accomplishment in ensuring that I and all my sisters all went to school as girls because she believed that at school, we will get the right information about ourselves, our sexuality and be empowered to shape our future. She didn’t...Read More
+SocialGood

No comments: