Some of the highlights:
- Women want to see information that is relevant to their lifestyle. This is particularly relevant for mothers: 45% of mothers said they are most interested in receiving marketing information that pertains to their lifestyle, vs. 30% of non-moms.
- Moms are more flexible than non-moms about email marketing. Only 20% of moms said,
"Don't send me anything at all," while 35% of non-mothers said the same.
- Nearly half of respondents (45%) to the Prospectiv survey said that brands can communicate with them most effectively through product samples offered online. Respondents who are mothers were more in favor than non-mothers of product samples (47% vs. 38%, respectively.)
- 39% of survey respondents said trying a sample would most likely get them to purchase a product. The other options were: having a coupon to use, necessity, or receiving a personal recommendation.
- Coupons were also viewed as an effective marketing tool. 53% of the women surveyed had
clipped coupons and 18% had redeemed online coupons in the past year.
- 35% of repsondents said they are reluctant to share information such as email address, age, and gender, but 71% would share that information to receive discounts, promotional offers, and coupons.