- 80% of female Internet users have become fans of a product or brands on a social networking site
- 72% of women have learned about or joined a group around new brands or products
- 50% bought a product because of a social network.
- 30% of female Internet users look at social network advertisements "sometimes", up from 13% last year
- 9% of women "always" look at ads and often click through, compared to only 2% in 2008
According to Aliza Freud, SheSpeak's founder and CEO, "Women have become more comfortable using social media, and for marketers, the overall growth and habitual use of social media represents opportunities to reach and engage women of all ages, and influence their purchasing decisions."